IPCHAINS is a "firewall" type program that defines what and which
computers or users have access to resources inside or outside your
network, for instance, I used this "rule" to block that IP address
that the attack came from;
ipchains -I input -s 216.68.170.159 -j DENY -l which reads as follows

target  prot opt        source           destination    ports
DENY    all   --l-      eta-667.fuse.net anywhere       n/a

Which means that that address is "DENY"'d any destination on my linux
box or internal network with all protocols. It is very important to
secure your machine with such "rules" otherwise your machine can be
comprimised or used.

Sean