I am having problems with the 7.0 install. I have tried three installs and
two video cards. When I am finished with the install xwindows starts up(or
kde, I am not sure if its xwindows or kde) i see a username and login field.
I log in and then two console screens come up, with a background of possible
the default color of the desktop. But no Icons are present, just the two
consoles. when i exit out of the 1st console nothing happens. when I exit
out of the secound console i get kicked to the text command lin and prompted
to login. I can't get to my desktop!!! The install seems to be going fine
and everything seems to check fine in x configuration during the install.
thanks dave holland