For those having trouble getting their printer to work in Printtools, go to
http://www.rpmfind.net and download APSfilter. It says it's for the Suse
distribution, but on the recommendation of someone on a Linux forum, I
downloaded and successfully installed it, and was instantly able to print!
No more headaches from Printtools, and I didn't even have to set it up 1st
- I just installed and started printing! The last time I had Mandrake
installed I was never able to get it to print, so this time, when I had to
reinstall Mandrake, I didn't even bother with Printtools, I immediately
went and got APSfilter. It seems to be more of a simple print utility than
what comes with MS Windows - there doesn't seem to be a way to reduce the
print quality to save ink. But atleast it works!