Just thought I'd repost this as I havent gotten and answer. Does anyone have
any idea how to get around this?

Thanks!

Hello all-

     Here is what I am trying to do, without much success. I am hoping
Someone can tell me how to do it correctly or tell me it cant be done at
all.

I have 2 physical hard drives and I would like to install Linux on my D
drive using lnx4win, keeping Windows and all of it's components on my other
hard drive which consists of C,E,F and G partitions. Once I become more
familiar with Linux I will most likely decide to repartition and go with the
more normal install, but right now I'd like to take the path of least
resistance.

At any rate...  I have downloaded the complete 7.0 directory via FTP and
then try to run install.bat from the lnx4win directory. When it asks for my
CD drive I have been putting the drive letter where I downloaded the 7.0
directory. It doesn't like this. I have tried doing it from the D drive,
where I want to install and I have tried moving the installation to another
drive and starting it there. Each time no go. It tells me to insert the
correct CD. I have also tried running the setup program in the lnx4win
directory after this and I do get the initial screen, but it will not
continue with the install.

Can I install Linux using lnx4win from the hard drive and can I place it on
a drive other than my primary boot drive? If so how?

Thank in advance for any advice, please let me know if you need any
additional information.

Bryan Foster