hi i have spent the past three days trying to get my modem to work...im
pretty sure ive tried most stuff..im new but learning fast. here is what has
happenend..
first i run mandrake 6.0 still on toshiba satellite 1625cdt (toshibas newest
model)
the manual says my modem is simply an ITU v.90/56Kflex
windows98 says i have a conexant..which i think IS a winmodem...but im not
sure...
ive set a soft link to from ttyS1 (COM 2) to /dev/modem
/proc/pci says that a communications controller is on irq 10 and I/O
0xfce8...win 98 also says the modem is using irq 10..
proc/interrupts says nothing about a serial or irq 10
i used the setserial -b and rebooted and nothing i tell you nothing...CAN
ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!
thanx..tommmmie
p.s. any info i could use about a Linksys USB 10/100Mbs NIC and setting it
up..?? thank you ever so much...