I have found a file called "NumLock" in /etc/sysconfig. Try this: "touch
/etc/sysconfig/NumLock" and see if numlock turns on after a reboot when you log
in.

If you want the numlock to turn on before logging in, there's a trick also. it
involves editing /etc/inittab, and adding an option --noclearto every line
containing "mingetty".

Example of first mingetty line:
        Before:
        1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1

        After:
        1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty --noclear tty1

On Feb 21 Ernst-Jan Bach wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just installed Mandrake 7.0 and I cant find it where can set my numlock to
> go on when I run xwindows...
> I hope someone can help me
>
> Thanx
> Ernst-Jan Bach

Rial Juan                  <http://nighty.ulyssis.org>
                e-mail:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Belgium            tel:              (++32) 89/856533
ulyssis system admininstrator <http://www.ulyssis.org>