>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 2/21/00, 11:03:01 PM, bluebottle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
regarding Re: [newbie] KDE Themes and Colors:

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> > i have unsuccessfully attempted to change the color themes in KDE.  i
am
> > running Mandrake 7.0.  can anyone help?

Run the KDE control centre from a console prompt ( I think the command
is: kcontrol) then try to change the colours, themes etc.  Look at the
text in the console, and it'll probably tell you that you don't have
write perrmissions to a certain file.  So, log in as root, browse to
the file and change the permissions, in the file properties.  You can
also do this by su root, then using chmod.  But I've forgotten the
commands to use ;)

HTH