I hope I can help but I can only guess ...

> -I did <./config, make> and <make install> with all of them, no problem with
>   the smaller programs, but the big ones have either,
>   - module dependencies, wich shouldn't be there cause the asked modules are
>      allready installed (MICO asked for Qt for instance, but Qt definately is
>      installed (what ever Qt is... I'm not shure about,but it shows as
>      installed in the RPmanager))

That's funny .. usually if you download the source to sompile and they use
autoconf then the script to run is ./configure then make then make install.
Anyway ... that aside ... very often the place that RedHat and hence Mandrake
place the library files is not in the place that the source normally looks for
it ... my suggestion is to either look for the rpm for the program you want to
compile (rpmfind.net should be a good start) or find out which are the library
files that it needs and look through the README (or readme or Readme whatever)
and INSTALL (install, Install, etc) to see how to specify the location of
library files during either the configure or make stage.

>   or
>   - PERMISSION ERROR
>
> And yes..., I did run ./config etc... as root!
>
> I think I allready know the direction the problem is commin from: I do run the
> installation as root, but I do install in an users account. I have to, because
> there is not that much space left in /usr/bin IS THAT THE PROBLEM?

The permission problem is a bit trickier ... usually if you are running as
root, the script would have the permission to write stuff anywhere ... the
only thing I can think of is that the file you are trying to run does not have
executable permissions ...

I am not sure whether this is any help but I hope I have given you some
glimmer of hope in solving your problem...

E-Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ No.: 38756924
Public GPG Key :
http://germany.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA5D29407

People's Action Rules:
        (1) Some people who can, shouldn't.
        (2) Some people who should, won't.
        (3) Some people who shouldn't, will.
        (4) Some people who can't, will try, regardless.
        (5) Some people who shouldn't, but try, will then blame others.