From: Rial Juan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2000 9:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] BIOS, sound, and modem

Well, a friend of mine also has one of these "brand PC's" with weird BIOS
that
doesn't follow the "press DEL to enter BIOS" convention. So what I basically
do
is this: from the instant you  power on the box, press and hold down a key
(I
usually take DEL, but any key should work). Then it'll detect some keyboard
malfunction and ask you to press F2 (probably differs on your HP) to enter
BIOS.

This trick might work, or perhaps not. Worth a shot though.

ps: perhaps the BIOS is password protected (some vendors do this so they
don't
have to fix what you screw up). In this case you should call the helpdesk
for
the password, but I 've seen some vendors that cancel your warranty if you
do.
So watch out ;)

--

Rial Juan                  <http://nighty.ulyssis.org>