>>> "Charles" == Charles Sharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[snip]

    Charles> board, they said it uses the Tulip driver.  Now, I've
    Charles> installed it, and have been able to use this card on the
    Charles> windows side, how to I activate it and use it on the
    Charles> Linux side?  I'm running Linux Mandrake 7.0.2.  Thanks in
    Charles> advance.

Do you have a file

/lib/modules/[whatever-kernel-version-you-have]/net/tulip.o ?

If yes, try

'modprobe tulip' to see if the card is recognized.

You could also try doing

'linuxconf'

as root, so set up the cards (since I assume you have only one
ethernet card in your machine, the tulip card'll be eth0 (that's
numeral zero, not letter 'oh').

In linuxconf, you get to assign eth0 its IP address, and everything
else (netmask, net device & module, are defaults, 'eth0' and
'tulip').  This Linksys needs no IRQ, etc., specified.  You _must_
assign an IP address:  one will _not_ be automagically assigned.

You may use linuxconf to bring up the eth0 interface, or if you are
used to MS Windows, reboot, and you ought to see eth0 initialization
in the dmesg.

--
Mike Fieschko, West Orange, NJ, USA
Kernel 2.2.15-5mdk