Randall Randall wrote:

> On a side note, I am unable to get tar to even
> show me a list of a tar archive, so this might
> not work properly.  It doesn't give errors, just
> stops.

Thanks for the great help.  I'm now getting my system all organized!  Regarding the
above, I'm not sure if what I'm about to write will make a lot of sense, but it
DOES seem to work!  I'm running mdk 6.1.

I've noticed that I can right click any .tar.gz or .tgz file (in kfm) and get the
option to view the contents with ark.  However, after I unzip those files, I no
longer get the option to use ark to view the .tar files.  BUT, if I zip them back up,
I can use ark again.  Don't know if you've found another way to see a list of the tar
archive, but for me, making it a .gz will allow me to view the list with ark.

Lance