This is maybe a problem with the 8GB limit.
Try to create the / partition within the first 8 GB of the hd.
The problem is that you should repartition your windows partition.
Or Maybe you can try to resize it with the installation program of the mandrake
7.0, but I think you should make a backup of your windows partition before
trying that...
good luck. Hope it'll help.