in order to have your soundcard running, you just have to load the apropriate
module.
I have a SB128 PCI that runs with the "es1371" module.
So I just have to type "modprobe es1371" to have it running.

When you see it works this way, you should configure your /etc/modules.conf
file to be able to load it with "modprobe -a".