Maybe the CD has a bad spot on it.  I used the same Adaptec software to burn a
7.0 CD.  It installed fine.
Try another one.

Bryan

"Antoniou, Stylianos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 01/27/2000 01:09:47 PM

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:   "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:    (bcc: Bryan Moorehead/Link/Allied Holdings)
Subject:  [newbie] Mandrake 7.0 installation

Hi there,
I downloaded Mandrake 7.0 iso image file, burnt the installation CD but when
I tried the installation, after the first successful step of recognizing my
hardware, it could not intialize the CD-ROM. After the 'Intializing
CD-ROM...' message it gave me:
'mount failed. Invalid argument;
and then
'Error mounting ramdisk. This shouldn't happen. I am rebooting your system
now'

I then tired to make a boot floppy with rawwritewin.exe. However, when I
tried to open it (following the orders of install.htm) I got the message:
F:\dosutils\rawwritewin.exe is not a valid Win32 application' This made me
suspicious whether the CD was created correctly. Does anybody know if it is
a problem with the new version of Mandrake or with the program that I used
to burn the CD (Easy-CD creator 4.0, which very rarely gave problems,
anyway).
Thank you in advance
S. Antoniou