I used the mandrake floppy install ,,,,stick in the (if you have
a floppy drive ) linux boot disk and boot & configure from there.
        Note my config was NT preinstalled and I created paritions for
linux via purchasing the full blown copy of parition magic.

        The parition magic that comes with mandrake does not work on NT
NTFS filesystems

        I only had a cdrom I was never able to install mandrake from
cdrom had to use the floppy

        PJH
        Sprint Paranet

Jim Gorzynski wrote:

>   I am unable to install Linux Mandrake 6.02. My CD-ROM locks-up
> immediately after it is initialized. I am not sure how to proceed.
> Need help. [EMAIL PROTECTED]

begin:          vcard
fn:             Philip Holbus
n:              Holbus;Philip
org:            SprintParanet
adr:            500 West Cypress Creek Road;;;Fort Lauderdale ;Florida;33309;U.S.A.
email;internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:          Marketing Technical Analyst
tel;work:       954-958-5134
tel;fax:        954-958-5140
tel;home:       CELL-561-213-6731
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0