Your /etc/lilo.conf file should look something like this.

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.13-7mdk
        label=linux
        root=/dev/hda5
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.2.13-7mdk.img
        append="linux mem=65536k"   <<------HERE
        read-only
other=/dev/hdc1
        label=dos
        table=/dev/hdc
        map-drive=0x80
           to = 0x81
        map-drive=0x81
           to = 0x80
Except the line marked HERE that shows append="linux mem=65536k"

should be 128M instead of 65536k, this was taken from
my /etc/lilo.conf

--
Linux Cat