Have a minor <g> printing problem with  6.1, using my Panasonic KX-P2130
dot matrix printer ('cause my Lexmark 3200 is not supported). I have it
set up as an Epson 24-pin, and it works fine with all of the text
editors and Maxwell; using printtool, I generate both text and
postscript test pages without a problem. But when I try and print email
from Netscape, or anything from Corel WP8 or StarOffice 5.1, all Iget is
(are? whatever) reams of paper with what looks like a couple of
postscript symbols at the top of each page. Not exactly helpful, to say
the least -- I have set up the printers (I think) in each applicartion
in a number of permutations, with no success.

Netscape acknolwledges printing problems in Linux, but doesn;t say what
to do about 'em (guess that's one of the reasons AOL bought Netscape,
not vice versa... <g>). Corel and Sun offer generic information, and
after a week, haven't responded to emailed requests for help :(  . I'd
be grateful if anyone could point me to a detailed HOWTO (I've checked
the ones with the distribution...nada....), or better yet <G>, suggest
how to set up that printer in any one of those applications.

Thanks in advance -- got to say I have quickly bcome addicted to Linux.
I have kept a DOS 6.22 partition and a separate Win98 partition on my PC
for games only :) :) :), and everything else is now Linux. No more
"broken windoze" for this old puppy!

Alan sabrosky