Gross error in judgement.  I so enjoyed 6.5 that I bought 7.0.  Eight
hour installation process, many procedures taking place "blind",
interminable waits.  I lost one whole night's sleep trying to install.
Install error with mouseconfig.  I thought no biggie, just reconfig.
Did that by cntrl/alt/F1.  Wouldn't shutdown clean.  Wouldn't reboot.
Now it won't recognize my rescue disks, it tells me I have partition
failures that force it to stop loading, gives me a choice between
entering boot password to do maintenance or ?control-D? for standard
startup.  But it won't let me do a standard startup, and no commands can
be found to run fsck on the problem partition.  I've tried booting with
the linux boot, the old_linux boot, the old1_linux.  Now I'm stuck in
Windblows.
I'd hate to lose what I have in my user files.  I'll try any ideas
anyone can offer.
Failed to backup before attempting,
Ken