On Mar 08, Harold Hartley wrote:
> get a ATAPI/IDE type CD-ROM and you should be fine...

We just got one for a system here for a grand total of about $56 shipped.  I
hear from another person on a list that he got one for like $60 and then he
got a $40 rebate.  Can't beat that!

Before I bought, a friend told me this (paraphrased):
"I'd either go top of the line if you'll use the heck out of it, or as cheap
 as you can find if you'll use it an average amount."

I basically did the latter, but I did go so far as to get a brand which I
recognize (though I forget which brand it was...).

-Michael

--
No, my friend, the way to have good and safe government, is not to trust it
all to one, but to divide it among the many, distributing to every one exactly