Hey , I finally got my printer working!!
It didn't take a degree in rocket science either!
I noticed that as i was booting up, during POST, the Parallel Port was
listed as 'disabled'.
I thought that was really strange because the printer works fine in
Windows, but I couldn't get it to work in MDK ( didn't even detect it).
I went into the CMOS, changed the setting for the Parallel Port (to the
'Setup Default') booted into MDK and saw messages that the parport0 was
detected. After logging in, starting X, I started 'DrakConf"went to
printer setup and everything fell into place, WHEW.

Now to the problem at hand.
Also ,as MDK was loading , I saw an error message stating that it
couldn't find the sound module. when I run "sndconfig" i get a message
" The modules used for your card (SBLive), emu10k1.o, is not currently
in your module search path. Please verify that your kernel modules are
currently installed.
O.K. so now what do i do (after i download the emu10k1  tar driver from
Creative)