Audrey Beck wrote:

> JUAN DAVID BOTERO BOTERO wrote:
> >
> > Hello, my name wis David and i live in Colombia, actually i'm using
> > Mandrake 6 with kernel 2.2.9-27.
> > I got two printers, Epson LX-810 and Epson Stylus 300 but i can't work
> > with them, the LX-810 only works with pipes... "cat /etc/passwd >
> > /dev/lp0" but does not work with lp orders and the stylus 300 does not
> > work anyway.
> > When i execute lpq i get this...
> >
> > [ # /var/spool/lpd/lp SV ]> lpq
> > Warning: lp is down: printing disabled
> > Warning: no daemon present
> > Rank Owner Job Files Total Size
> > 1st root 5 /tmp/Acrob01050 273751 bytes
> > 2nd root 7 ...  155706 bytes
> > 3rd root 8 ...  155706 bytes
> > 4th root 9 ...  155706 bytes
> > 5th root 10 /root/.micqrc 1678 bytes
> > 6th root 11 ...  625 bytes
> > 7th root 12 ...  16407 bytes
> > 8th root 13 ...  625 bytes
> > 9th root 16 archivodir.txt ...  654187 bytes
> > 10th root 20 (standard input)  24157 bytes
> > 11th root 21 (standard input)  24157 bytes
> > [ # /var/spool/lpd/lp  SV ]>
> >
> > What can i do?... please help me... i really love Mandrake!!!!
> >
> > Thanks...
> > By.
> >
> > DAVID.
>
> Have you tried using printtool to reconfigure and test the printers?
> How is it configured?  Have you tried setting up a printer on lp0 in
> printtool and print a test page?

David,
Just a thought here...have you checked to see if there is a newer or better
driver for your specific printers?  You can look at
http://lcewww.et.tudelft.nl/~haver/linux/ to see if there is a driver for your
models. This is where I got the driver for mine. It also has great installation
instructions!
Lance