I am trying to install 7.02 and it always locks up after it detects my
Adaptec 2940u2w and tries to install the driver.

Machine info
Motherboard - Abit BP6 with 2 400 Celrons
Adaptec 2940u2w, 400h, interrupt 5, id 7
256 meg ram
three scsi drives and jazz drive
soundblaster live
ATI 128 w/ 32 meg ram
Netgear FA310TX ethernet

all the above works fine under NT4.

I have tried to go the expert route but I am not sure that I ever got
all the settings right, since I have not been able to find out where
the settings are documented.

The install starts normally, finds the card and identifies it
correctly, but locks when trying to load the driver for it.  If I
force it skip loading the driver, the install continues on until it
comes time to select the location to install and there are no drives
to load it on. (As would be expected.)

Thanks in advance for your help & suggestions.

Del