I am setting up a Mandrake 7.0 file/print server on an IBM Netfinity(PII
350, 128 meg, 9.1 Gig SCSI-2) for our office w/ 15 users and was
wondering what the best partition sizes would be? The only major
software that we plan on adding to the Mandrake distro(for now) is some
type of  collaboration sofware like Netscape calendar/scheduling. I'll
be doing an expert install(even though I'm not) and only installing the
services that we absolutely need, although I will include KDE and Gnome
because they are so much easier to deal with for file and system
maintenance.

>From reading the archives I guess that I need; swap(128 megs), /boot(20
megs), /(?), /usr(600?), /usr/local(1,500?), /tmp(50?), /var(100?), and
/home(the rest). The part that I don't get is what exactly gets put into
"/"? Does /boot hold the kernel and / hold all the other software like
Samba, etc? And then any software I add after the installation goes into
/usr/local?

Please feel free to offer suggestions,

Victor