> Also, I am going to buy a new modem to use while under linux.  Are ISA
> modems the best way to go?  Also, Best Buy said they had some between 39 and
> 49 dollars.  Are they any good?  What would your recommendations be on that?

I thought this needed a new Subject. I suspect anything that cheap would be a Winmodem
which seem to be unuseable with Linux. Personally I find it =very= useful to have an
external modem where the lights tell me what's going on.

I have a USR Courier v.Everything that I bought back when I had a very low quality
telephone line. It works great, but I know there are many other modems that work fine
with Linux. Perhaps others will have suggestions.
--
Lane
____