Hello all,
    I've had Mandrake running for about 4 days and I am slowly discovering
how powerful it is.  For the most part I've been able to figure out most
things with help from some friends.  But I have some remaining questions.

My sound card is a Yamaha and  Mandrake doesn't recognize it.  In Lothar
it's listed in a catagory called other.  I've also tried to install a second
ethernet card, a Linksys nc100, and Lothar doesn't recognize it either.  Is
there a good resource for drivers such as these or is there something else
that I should be doing?

An other problem that I'm having is installing software.  So far I've come
across three different methods of installing, unpack it your self,  install
scripts, and rpm packages.  Is there a good tutorial on the net some where
for using zip and tar or any other info on installing programs?

And is there a good beginners resource for setting up and running apache?
For example I found the /usr/local/httpd/html folder, I asume that's where
apache will go for requests?  Doe's it need it's own IP address (different
form the machine)? How do you set up other sites with there own IPs?

I've installed some apps while I was logged in as root.  How do I get those
same apps to show up in the application menu or on the desktop when I'm
logged in as an other user?

Thanks,
    Michael    Atl, Ga       [EMAIL PROTECTED]