On 06-Mar-2000 Pittman, Merle wrote:
> Anyone get a lexmark printer working with Mandrake??
>
> I can't even get it to work in text mode.  I know the kernel doesn't support
> the drivers for lexmark, but I was wondering if anyone found a work-around.
>
> thanks
>
> ________________________
> Merle Pittman
> TEL: (709) 724-7598
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/pht/printer_list.cgi?make=Lexmark&format=summary

Sorry for being picky, but I'm saying it anyway ;-):

the kernel enables print*ing* support
prin*ter* support is done by a program called ghostscript

On the above mentioned page (The Unix Printer Compability Database), you will
see:

a) if your printer is supported
b) which ghostscript driver supports your printer

There is quite a number of Lexmark printers which is rated 'perfectly' :-).

Regards

tom

--
"No fun, no gain"
Thomas 'tom' Berger, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (home), [EMAIL PROTECTED] (work)