I have found the problem: I was installing vmware and Win98. My BIOS
setting of PNP OS was enabled. Probably Win98 has changed some
settings...

So, never trust Wind**s. ;-)

I was reinstalling Mandrake. It is working now, execpt my SCSI zip. (I
recently wrote a message about this problem):

I cannot mount my Zip. This is in fstab:
   /dev/zip /mnt/zip auto user,noauto,nosuid,exec,nodev 0 0

This is in /dev:
  lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            4 Mar  9 12:37 zip -> sda4

This is what happens:

***
[root@thor claus]# mount /mnt/zip
mount: /dev/zip is not a valid block device
***

Regards,
Claus.

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000, Alan Shoemaker wrote:

> Claus....check your cabeling and check that the scsi chains are
> properly terminated.
>
> Alan
>

> Claus Atzenbeck wrote:
> >
> > It used to work, but now it doesn't work anymore:
> >
> > I have 2 scsi devices (ZIP, CD ROM writer) on my computer. Mandrake
> > recognized them by installing. Also after that the computer was aware
> > of them.
> >
> > But suddenly kudzu told me on startup, that I have removed this
> > hardware, which is not true.
> >
> > How can I tell Mandrake to recognize these devices again?
> >
> > Please give me some help... I'm lost..... :-(
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Claus.
> >
> > --
> > Atzenbeck. Data structures & design
> > http://www.atzenbeck.de
> >
> > Behind every great computer sits a skinny little geek.

Gruss,
Claus.

--
Atzenbeck. Data structures & design
http://www.atzenbeck.de

Actresses will happen in the best regulated families.
                -- Addison Mizner and Oliver Herford, "The Entirely
                New Cynic's Calendar", 1905