> Oh, the shame of it! I'm having to run Win98 to get online!

Whew! At least that didn't have to last long. I turned out that I had the wrong device
in lilo.con specified to be the ide-scsi.

How I got back in business was to install a second Mandrake in another partition
(replacing Corel Linux which I learned to dislike heartily). Then I could get at my
original Mandrake and fix it.

I've got a smaller partition available; maybe I'll put Peanut there for a little more
insurance.
--
Lane
____