Hey there, I'm having trouble compiling the kernel and I'm wondering if
anybody can give me some input. Ok, here what I've done let me start by
saying I'm running mandrake 6.1, and I'm trying to install linux kernel
2.2.14.

        I've managed to compile the kernel correctly (make mrproper;make
menuconfig make bzImage;make dep;make modules;make modules_installs), then
I managed to copy bzImage to /boot/vmlinux-2.2.14 and linked vmlinuz ( soft
link ), then I updated lilo by adding a "test" addition to lilo with my new
kernel.

        I did all that but when I rebooted I get messages like System.map has
incorrect kernel version, and Modules-info.map incorrect kernel version. So
I think I have to update System.map and Modueles-info.map, but I have no
idea how to do that the HOWTO's don't have anything about that in their,
any ideas's.