On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, you wrote:
> All,
> When I try to uninstall any RPM packages I have on my machine I get a "XXX
> package not installed".  Is this typical?  DO you have to run the uninstall
> from the directory where the package is installed?

You do not have to uninstall from the same directory, but you do have to do it
as root.

Did you install the packages from a binary rpm?

What kind of messages does "rpm -qa"  return, it should list all of the
packages that you have installed.

Is it possible that you clobbered some of the files in  /var/lib/rpm/  ?

--
Alex
(Go easy on me, I'm a COBOL programmer in real life)