Ok, maybe it is working... But I'm confused

KPM (Process management in KDE) says no swap, and I had my memory pretty
full earlier but swapon -s didn't show any usage.  In 6.0, I pretty much
always had some swap usage.  I just went in to DrakConf/Hardware Config
(didn't know this even existed until a minute ago) and it said I had
swap and some was used (I didnt set anything, just looked).  I checked
swapon and low and behold it now says some was used too.  But why
doesn't KPM see it?  xosview didn't see the swap until now either.
Maybe DrakConf triggered something.  I do know it just made my computer
slow as shit switching windows in X so I think I'm going to restart X
now...

Any thoughts on this or the HD performance?