OK...my Windows box uses DHCP to renew the lease.  I have a static IP and DHCP
is not needed ot required, to update a static number...hence the _STATIC_.  As
far as my Linux box is concerned I am only a 24.112.blah.blah number on the
Roger's network, same as a 192.168... on a private network.  The leases for
the IP is just a technicality so they can enforce rules if they wish.
HTH
Jaguar

sujee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> bosco wrote:
>
> > Hiya!
> >
> > Just a note so that other newbies that read this don't get the idea that
what
> > you meant was ALL @home uses dhcp b/c they don't. I'm on Cox@home in
Florida

http://webmail.netscape.com.