I'm having huge problems trying to get Linux to recognise my mouse. It's a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer, plugged in to a USB port.

I'm installing Linux for the first time, and have tried selecting various mouse types using the mouseconfig utility, but it won't work. Linux does not automatically detect my mouse on setup. Can anyone please tell me which option I should be selecting please? Should it be a 'busmouse'? Or do I need to specially install the USB port first (in which case how do I do this!?).

Thanks

John