Hello all,

I just got a Mandrake 7.0 distribution from a computer magazine. It all
goes well up to the point that it asks me for the packages I want to
install.

I had the disk auto-allocated, which gives me around 1409 Megs for the /
partition. I chose "expert" installation (I'm not an expert, just a
freak, hehe) and development type. After that point, the installation
gives me an error saying more or less that the packages I chose are 1180
Megs in size and there's no space for all of them (like 1180 > 1409?)
but I could go on anyway, just I won't get all packages installed. I OK
this, to go on, and then I get a menu of package choices (Server,
Development, Games, etc.) I choose the absolute minimum, which is 1180
Megs, and when I OK this too, I get an error that the .rpms could not be
installed because of no space in / partition.

This is weird cause I restarted after I partitioned, so there shouldn't
be a problem for the installation to see the allocated space.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
GG