Hey,

ya know what.. I had the EXACT same problems and it was annoying as hell..
My suggestion is goto www.kxicq.org and download the RPM for Redhat 6.1...
I installed it on my Mandrake v7.0 box and it works like a charm.. Real
nice program.. there's a few things aesthetically that I don't like, but it
works REAL well and that's more valuable to me.. :)

bosco().