Benjamin Sher wrote:

> Dear Anthony:
>
> Out of curiosity, I just went to the
> https://reg.freewwweb.com/cgi-bin/signup.cgi site you mentioned. Here is
> their home page:
>
> FreeWWWeb:
>
> http://www.freewwweb.com/pricing/pricmain.html
>
> http://www.freewwweb.com/register/ordmain.html
>
> You'll find on the above page specific information about the OS's
> supported. They include only Windows and Mac.
>
> Someday we'll have our own free ISP, but not yet.
>
> Yours,
>
> Benjamin
>
> --
> Benjamin and Anna Sher
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sher's Russian Web
> http://www.websher.net

But did you actually read the setup details and/or try it yourself?  I
read through them, and although I haven't tried it firsthand, I can't
see a reason why this wouldn't work for other OSes.  You can derive the
information you need out of the stup information for windoze.

The ones that you definately can't use (and probably wouldn't want to
use anyways) are those that require a special browser to constantly view
their spam^H^H^H^Hadvertisements.  I shouldn't say definately, because
I've heard that sometimes people do get them working, or can have a 2nd
windoze box or vmware session and then share that connection with linux
(Id rather pay than do that)

~Jeremy