My soundcard worked perfectly with Mandrake 6.0, but
now that I've upgraded to 7.0 I'm having problems.

Lothar and sndconfig both gimme all these error
messages all the time, but I guess that could be that
I pick the wrong options. sndconfig autodetects a
"OPL3-SAX" card, but the autoinstallation fails, and I
end up having to do things manually.

I've managed to get audio. play works fine, but in
Gnome (and Enligtenment) the sounds are repeated in
all eternity, or until I logout and X is restarted.
XMMS and X11amp just produce noise. Oh, and Linus
saying "this is how i pronounce..." in Lothar and
sndconfig is played at too high a pitch, and stops
before he's finished.

Any clues?