type in console "mount /mnt/fda -t dos" to mount the floppy befor reading it

------Original Message------
From: Wayne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Newbie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: March 20, 2000 8:13:24 AM GMT
Subject: [newbie] Accessing files.

After a reinstall I tried to access files I had backed up onto a floppy disk
before the install.  Linux does not register that these files are on the
disk
and after a massive panic (I have a 3500 word paper on one disk) ran to
another
computer (Wind'ohs box).  The files were still there, so I had to boot my
own
Wind'ohs, transfer them to a partition Linux can access and open them from
there.  What is the trouble with opening these files from these disks?

Wayne
Wayne Petherick
Criminology Department
Humanities and Social Sciences