hello everyone
chadley here

first thanks to Michael h for responding to my original posting
however it still has not solved the problem and i think that the problem
is worst than i originally thought
here's the situation
i have setup mdk7.2 and left out my card (trusting lothar to put it in
later) and have setup my kppp and am running it now and netscape is
working and so is messenger, if i try to open anything other than
netscape it doesn't work , in other words only netscape works while my
kppp is connected via my external modem to my service provider (@lantic
(as in the ocean)).
if i disconnect the kppp connection then every thing else works

any suggestions

when i am sure that it works ill replace the network card

thanks
chadley