I unzipped a tar-ball and attempted to compile it, but when I ran "./configure"
it said it could not create executables.  Now , I realize that I'm obviously
missing some development rpm's but I do have make, automake, autoconf, pgcc,
pgcc (C++ support), and perl installed.  What my question is, is what other
rpm's do I need on my system because I'm sure as hell not going to install
100MB+ of development packages to try out one tiny KDE program.

Please tell me I don't need all of them......I'm not some millionaire
programmer who can actually make use of all of them....I just need enough to
install/compile programs.

Thanks, Adam.