I've just installed Mandrake v7 on my PC with not many problems (surprised
me!) But one question it asked during setup was do I use a proxy for the
internet (has a 3c905 NIC) I use wingate under windows to share the net (the
plan is to get Mandrake going and let that serve the internet)  So I put in
the IP of the windows machine with my ISDN card in.  I put in 192.168.0.101
Port 80 but Mandrake gave me an error saying should have "http://" but I
couldn't drop back to try and reconfigure it.. Damn!  Is there a way to
change this as I'm guessing this is why the Update program from the KDE
Desktop isn't working properly (Just sits there fetching mirror site list
then fails after about 10mins)  I've got Netscape working fine so I'm
guessing it's just this little cock up stopping it.. Does anyone know a way
to fix my little problem?

Many Thanks
Rob