Ivan Stout wrote:

> Maybe so . . . but I've yet confirmed someone running
> Mandrake 7.0 on any other card and the other machine
> that I installed on had the same problem (and didn't
> have a Realtek card). So, until I can confirm that
> this is card specific, I'm not going to bother to get
> a new card. Besides, it looks like the right module
> wasn't loaded. I should be able to figure out by this
> weekend.
>
> --- Jaguar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I think much of the problem is the Realtek card is a
> > cheap piece of crap.
> > Spend a few more $$ and

> http://im.yahoo.com

I just installed Mandrake 7.0 on two machines.
On the 1st, it recognised my 3C509B ISA NIC No probs.
On the 2nd computer with the same NIC it initialised it fine,
connected to the encryption site ok..then when I completed the
installation and re-started my computer it couldn't initialise
it on boot.
I did an expert upgrade and re-defined my NIC excactly the
same as I had defined it before without changeing
anything else and Walla!, when I re-started once again
all was well :-)

Strange eh!!

Cheers:

Mike.