I'm very new to the Linux world, and as such, I have decided to try
installing Mandrake Linux 7.0 on one of my machines.
The install runs fine up to the point of Configure X.  At this point the
auto-setup of my video card/monitor fails with the following error:
"Could not open default font 'fixed'"

I'm running w/the following:
Optiquest V775 monitor
Matrox Mystique 2 Meg video card
64 Mb Ram (if that even matters)
PII 233 (again probably doesn't matter)

It asks me to 'change some parameters', which of course, I've tried
everything I could think of but to no evail.  Anyway, I'm not sure if this
is a function of it failing to detect my hardware or the install not
correctly configuring/copying the 'fixed' font.

Thanks in advance.

Keith Stacks