>>> "Chadley" == Chadley Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[snip]

    Chadley> please could someone tellme howto get rpc working in
    Chadley> mdk7.02 if i need it Unfortunately I dont think mdk7.02
    Chadley> has any howtos so I can only refer to the man pages and
    Chadley> the are not telling me enough.  thanks chadley 012 333
    Chadley> 2276 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Chadley> [root@amd /root]# mount -t nfs cyrix:/root /cyrix mount:
    Chadley> RPC: Program not registered [root@amd /root]#

[snip]

There's more to rpc than nfs, and you need a couple of things running
to do nfs.  You don't get rpc running, you get something running which
does rpc.

Is nfsd running on your machines?  What does

'ps ax|grep nfs'

return, on each machine?

Read the NFS-Howto:

http://howto.tucows.com/otherhowto/NFS-HOWTO and numerous other places
on the net.  The error message 'Program not registered' is
specifically mentioned in the Howto.

I learned that the error message appeared therein, by searching for
'RPC: Program not registered' at http://www.google.com/linux.

--
Mike Fieschko, West Orange, NJ, USA
Kernel 2.2.15-0.17mdk