"Sven Vermeulen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hello,
>
> Is it necessary / useful to use a swap partition with 128 meg RAM and a PIII
667MHz to run Linux mandrake 7.0? I didn't found information in the
installation guide or howtos.
> If so, how big should this swap partition be....128 meg?
>
> bye,
> Sven.
Even w/128M (which is not a huge amount nowadays) you should still create a
swap partition.  You don't sya how you use your computer or what kinds of
programs you will typically try to run, but I would think 128M swap would be a
good idea, even if little of it is typically used.
Mike

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
        -Benjamin Frankilin

http://webmail.netscape.com.