I have that exact vid chipset myself.  It is supported well in 7.02
I think possibly the problem is the monitor choice, even though your monitor
may be listed, try the Generic Monitor/Multisync, with default settings.
That should at least get your Xserver to start.  I used "xf86config" to do the
final tweaking on my video/monitor setup. As a side note, I have tried
"xvidtune" and all it does is crash my Xserver.  My vid card is a Newcom 4 MB
PCI w/CL5465 chipset, and a Sceptre 14" PnP monitor, my vid settings for X are
1024X768 32 Bit color.
HTH
Jaguar

http://webmail.netscape.com.