Well, like an asshole, I figured I could just install things and see what
happened...  Well, I did.

I installed a hack called Aurora, that does nothing more than make the
screen look a bit nicer during startup, by giving a graphical front end
to the init process.  First, this hack makes it so I cannot book directly
into X anymore, and I don't know how to fix it.  Then, since I don't know
how to install it, it is still there...

So, I figured I'll just do a new install.  But now, my computer won't
boot off the install CD any more (I checked the BIOS, it's ok).  Then, it
won't boot at all, because I get the following message:

hdc: lost interrupt

over and over.  (hdc is my Zip drive).

So, this hack has fried my computer.  What can I do to save it?

(BTW, I can boot Windows....)

Kirk

                             vice | versa
        Translations from French to English, English to French
            Traductions francais-anglais, anglais-francais

            [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.mcelhearn.com
    Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France