Jaguar wrote:

> XFree 4.0 is still BETA, I suggest you re-install from your MDK CD, whatever
> version is on it
> HTH
> Jaguar
>
> "magick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >       MIME Type: multipart/alternative
> > i recentley downloaded and installed XFree86 4.0 and now x won't start i
> keep getting explicit use of the kill command or server shutdown how can i get
> x running again i really don't want to have to do a reinstall of mandrake if
> someone could help i would appreciate it

>http://webmail.netscape.com.

I would recommend you read the messages on the screen that accompany the
ones you mention.  I found I needed to edit XF86Config to clean up some
"no screen" or "parsing error" messages.  For instance, I found that
xf86config had entered "vertical frequency(null)" instead of 50-120
during configuring.  Naturally the no screens error was displayed.
If you need to clean up these errors by editing XF86Config type mc at
the prompt and go to /etc/X11/XF86Config.  If you don't know how to use
midnight commander let me know.
HTH.