HAL 9000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jim Simpson wrote:

> I had the same problem when I installed Mandrake 7.0.  The first time there
> was an error installing "fstab" so I reinstalled. Still didn't work. So I
> turned down the security setting to low and then had access as root but not
as
> user. After using the CD-Rom to install the extras (Staroffice etc.) I
reset
> the security to high. Not the best solution but it worked. Maybe some file
> permissions need to be changed?
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

i did the install with the low level of security.  is there any way to
get the security lower than that?  all i really need is access as root,
that would be ok with me.  any suggestions?

seth

Sorry Seth I really don't know that much. I learn a lot by trial and error. In
other words I fool around with my system until I screw something up. Then I
reinstall and start over. I should get a life :)
My guess, check the install log in the root home directory and look for
errors.  But I don't know how to fix them :(

Jim

http://webmail.netscape.com.