Wasn't that export restriction removed like a month ago? Or at least it wasn't
illegal anymore, as long as the ppl who wrote the soft registered it with the
NSA or something.

Well, I don't know the details, so I might be completely off-track here, but at
least something happened to that export restriction that made the world cheer in
joy.

Of course, I wouldn't trust the NSA for one single bit with my crypto-software
(should I have written any); too many scandals about them abusing their power
and inside knowledge about these algorithms not only to help national security,
but also national economy by performing industrial espionage, and some other
stuff that's not quite kosjer. But that's politics, and doesn't really belong on
this list.

--

Rial Juan                        <http://nighty.ulyssis.org>
                e-mail:              [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The little critters in nature; they don't know they're ugly.
That's very funny... A fly marying a bumble-bee...

Sign the petition at http://www.libranet.com/petition.html
Help bring us more Linux Drivers